Recognized as one of the municipality’s leading barangays in the agricultural sector, the majority of its population, estimated at 70%, is involved in farming. Factory workers make up 20%, while the remaining 10% are primarily young professionals.
In addition to traditional rice, corn, sugarcane, and vegetable farming, residents have embraced modern livestock and poultry businesses. The barangay has also embraced innovative commercial ventures and has emerged as a premier agri-tourism destination in Central Luzon and the Philippines. Notably, it is home to the Farmhouse by EDL, an all-organic farm resort offering comprehensive farm tours, swimming, overnight accommodations, healthy dining options, and fresh produce.
Dolores comprises four sitios where residents cultivate rice, corn, sugarcane, and vegetables. Poultry raising is also pursued by some entrepreneurs through contract growing schemes. Situated just 3 kilometers from the poblacion, the area has the potential to accommodate overflow from neighboring urban barangays.
In 1954, the barangay was named after Nuestra Señora Dolores (Our Lady of Sorrows), with the late Mrs. Maria Alzadon Cauguiran instrumental in bringing the image of Our Lady of Sorrows to Barangay Dolores. This image initially resided in a small nipa hut, serving as a focal point for the community’s religious activities, including masses presided over by Fr. Simbol.
The tranquility of Dolores was disrupted when the community was invaded by a group of bandits known as Markang Bungo, resulting in tragic losses. In response, the community relocated the image to the care of Apung Gunda Pabustan for safekeeping.
In November 1954, a generous landowner from Concepcion, Tarlac, named Pablo Tsuseco Pineda, donated a portion of his land in Dolores for the construction of a barangay chapel, where Our Lady of Sorrows was enshrined as the patron saint.