Municipal Environment and Natural Resources (MENRO)
To provide services on the promulgation of rules and regulations related to environment and natural resources
A sustainable, effective and well-protected environment that compliments to a hale and hearty living condition of the Capaseños
To pursue sustainable developments and environmental improvements by collaborative efforts with the community in which the town Capas places a premium on sustaining local environmental quality for present and future generations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to environment and natural resources services.
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the mayor; as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with environment and natural resources programs and projects which the mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the environment and natural
resources officer shall:
- (i) Establish, maintain, protect and preserve communal forests, watershed,tree parks, mangroves, greenbelt, commercial forests and similar forest projects like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects:
- (ii) Provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and technical, financial and infrastructure assistance;
- (iii) Manage and maintain seed banks and produce seedlings for forest and tree parks;
- (iv) Provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and render assistance for natural resources related conservation and utilization activities consistent with ecological balance;
- (v) Coordinate with government agencies and non-governmental organizations in the implementation of measures to prevent and control land, air and water pollution with the assistance of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources;
- Coordinate with government agencies and non-governmental organizations in the implementation of measures to prevent and control land, air, and water pollution with the assistance of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources;
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of services concerning the environment and natural resources, particularly in the renewal and rehabilitation of the environment during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities;
- Recommend to the Sanggunian and advise the mayor, as the case may be, on all matters relative to the protection, conservation, maximum utilization, application of appropriate technology and other matters related to the environment and natural resources
Merriage License Applicant Requirement
Marriage License applicants are required to donate two (2) fruit-bearing tree seedlings at the Office of the Municipal Environment and Natural Resources Office in connection with the application for a Marriage License from the Municipal Government of Capas, Tarlac, pursuant to Executive Order No. 12, series of 2012, dated June 13, 2012 entitled “requiring Marriage License Applicants To Donate Fruit-bearing Tree Seedlings In Lieu Of Tree-Planting Activities”.