History of Barangay Talaga
The story of how Barangay Talaga got its name was according to Mrs. Dolores Mungcal Salas (D) who is then the eldest person live in the Barangay. The story was during the Japanese regime, Japanese soldiers came to live in this Barangay and they observed a lot of wells in the area that contains water. One well id different, it is extra-ordinary big and the water is very deep.
History of Barangay Sto. Rosario
In 1763, the place is known as Sitio Pagbatuan and Sitio Gudya. Around the 18th century, a Father Juan de Sta. Lucia became the Recollect Missionary of Capas. According to the story that passed on from generation to generation Father Juan was a devoted priest to praying the Holy Rosary. It was said that while he’s praying, he CHAINS himself to show his great devotion to the Holy Rosary. This practice left a influence on the people. In 1864, a Cholera Epidemic hits the place
Sto. Domingo II was carved out from Sto. Domingo. Being the host to the stretch of a provincial road artery, the barangay is the most progressive sub-local government unit of Capas today. It is engaged in rice farming and planting of sugarcane.
History of Barangay Sto. Domingo I
During the Spanish regime, the barrio of Sto. Domingo was named Camino Real which was given because of a new road built running from south to north. During those days, the place was a forest of big trees and tall grasses. It was a good hunting ground because it was full of deer and wild boars.
History of Barangay Sta. Rita
Sta. Rita is a very young barangay. It was registered as Barrio Sta. Rita, Capas, Tarlac, in 1968 by Lt. S. del Rosario. Before its registration the community was called Talimundoc, because of high levels which serves like hills or “tali-talimundoc (lot of hilly places). In the early 1950’s the earlier settlers were the two (2) families of Terang Arceo and Anu Vega, both tenants of agricultural lands in this area. Then thirteen (13) families joined them namely; Sisa Tuazon and Atanacio Mungcal.