Barangay Sta. Juliana
History of Barangay Sta. Juliana
Accounting from the folklore, the name Sta. Juliana was derived from the resident’s miraculous patron Saint, Sta. Juliana.
According to the legend narrated by the elders of Pampanga, a woman named Lourdes mysteriously disappeared. Later on, she was thought to be adopted by a certain Apung Taba in the area now Sta. Juliana.
It was said that, unexplainably, Lourdes transformed into a statue of woman resembling Santa Juliana. It was believe to be miraculous and have cured diseases. From then on, people started calling the statue as Apung Santa Juliana.
Soon after, the statue allegedly came into possession of a certain Apung Uti (the first cabeza de barangay of the place) who conspired with the Aetas to bring the statue into the mountains for its safety from thieves. Later on, it was brought in the plains, hence calling the place Sta. Juliana as attribute for it.
Legends also tell that shortly after the World War II, Americans attempted to kidnap the image of Sta. Juliana, but failed. While in the 1950’s, many people believed in the image of Sta. Juliana in the area was merely a replica and the original piece has been stolen some time ago.
In another version, Barangay Sta. Juliana got its name when some time ago, according to folklores, a beautiful woman by the name “Juliana” settled the differences between the tribes that almost cost of her own life. From then on, peace and other emerged in the area that leaders of the place decided to name the area “Santa Juliana” as tribute to the woman Juliana who brought peace in the barangay.
There is no decisive proof on where this barangay got his name. What matters most is the experiences surpassed and the progression entails thereof. Officially the early settlers of Sta. Juliana when it was founded on March 1940 where people from a people place known Dalig. And barangay Sta. Juliana, being situated at the foothill of the Zambales mountain ranges, was the most affected barangay of Capas in the Mount Pinatubo eruption in 1991.
However, the eruption did not halt Barangay Sta. Juliana from progressing. Instead, they made the eruption remnants – lahar, an emblem or hallmark for Pinatubo Trekking, Capas 4×4 and ATV Adventures, along with other tourist spots Tambo Lake and a former hot spring which sta. Julaiana is all known for.
Trackback from your site.