History of Barangay Manlapig
Barangay Manlapig then was only a Sitio of Barangay Aranguren. The Manlapig’s were the early settlers of the barangay. In the course of time the Manlapig’s felt that they have to separate the sitio from the mother barangay, because during celebrations and activities they are left behind. From then on they called the barangay Manlapig. In 1950 Barangay Manlapig became an official barangay.
In the same year, the first primary school was constructed under the leadership of Kapitan del Baryo, Rodeng L. Yamson. The lot where the school was erected was donated by Mrs. Ines Tanglao.
The first teachers were Mrs. Teresita Quizon, Mrs. Carmen Basco, Mrs. Kabigting and Mrs. Surla. Today the school is known as Manlapig Elementary School.
Also in the same year Mr. Ciriaco Nuguid and his family donated the lot where the old Catholic Church was constructed.
In 1955, the Barangay Officials purchase a lot from the Nuguid and Manaloto family and with the help of then Congressman Herminio S. Aquino and the leadership of Barangay Captain Florencio Datu and his Barangay Councilors the barangay hall was constructed.
In 1996, the lot was titled in the name of the barangay and a multi-purpose hall and day care center was constructed through the financial assistance of then Governor Margarita “Tingting” Cojuangco.
Today, Barangay Manlapig is striving to be a self-reliant barangay with the leadership of Punong barangay Clarita Macaraeg and the Barangay Council.
Manlapig is 4.5 kilometers from the poblacion. Its agricultural industry is devoted to rice, mongo and eggplant. Poultry is also an activity in the area under contract growing scheme.
Trackback from your site.