Barangay Cristo Rey
Cristo Rey is formerly known as Camp O’Donnell, a former Naval Transmitting Facility of the United States of America by virtue of the 1947 Military Bases Agreement between the Philippines and the United States of America which is well recognized in World History.
Because of the Mount Pinatubo eruption on June 12, 1991, President Corazon C. Aquino issued the Proclamation No. 813 “Reserving for Resettlement Site purposes of the Mount Pinatubo victims a certain portion of Clark Air Base Military Reservation located in the Municipality of Capas, Province of Tarlac.” In consideration of the urgent need to assist the families affected by the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo by providing them with suitable resettlement areas. From this O’Donnell Resettlement Site (the biggest resettlement site able to accommodate a maximum of 13,000 families) was established and give refuge to many evacuees and victims of the Mt. Pinatubo eruption from different barangays of Concepcion and Capas. This community is divided into 147 blocks representing a cluster of settlers grouped according to their place of origin.
On August 7, 2003, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan members of the Province of Tarlac unanimously approved the Provincial Ordinance No. 004-2003, an Ordinance creating O’Donnell Resettlement Area in Barangay Aranguren an independent barangay to be named Barangay CRISTO REY.
Trackback from your site.