Barangay Aranguren is believed to be created sometimes in the first quarter of the nineteenth century, probably between 1810 to 1820. Its former name is not known for no available source of information can be found. The official name “ARANGUREN” came to be when a Catholic priest, Monsignor Jose Aranguren, Archbishop of manila in 1854 to 1860 got stranded in the place due to the deep mud along his way to Patling.
Bueno is also part of the Military Reservation. Although there were confirmed reserves of gold and manganese, Bueno remains the poorest barangay of Capas. However, it could be developed into a local tourist’s destination because of its hot springs. Composed of four sitios, the barangay thrives in rice production, sugarcane, vegetable farming and fishing. It is located 22.5 kilometers from the poblacion. It adopted its name from the word “mucho bueno” as expressed by its American visitor.
History of Barangay Cubcub
As then was told by the old folk, the name Cubcub was derived from the Pampango word “Kubkuban” which means to surround together. Barangay Cubcub is located at the center of the Municipality of Capas and has five (5) main streets namely Sto. Cristo St, JP Rizal St, V Pineda St, P Burgos St, AD Stockton St, was name after Alberto Quitalig Stockton, a World War II hero, Sto Cristo in honor of the first Iglesia ni Cristo Chapel. Barangay Cubcub before was a rice and sugar cane farmland, in which the “pero caril” which then augment Bamban Sugar Mill and the Luisita Sugar Mil.
History of Barangay Dolores
In 1954, Dolores got its name before our Patron St. Nuestra Senora Dolores, awarding to the oldest residents of the barangay, The first family resided in this Barangay, Mr. Anselmo Salas, then Figueroa Family Nogoy Family, Manugue Family then Pabustan Family, who until at present their clams are still residing.
Estrada is 7.0 kilometer away from the poblacion. Like other barangays of Capas, it was also created under the component of the IRP. The people in the area are engaged primarily in farming. The barangay is a producer of rice, sugarcane and mongo. There is a proposed crocodile farm to be established in this farm as of this time.
History of Barangay Lawy
In point of age, barrio LAWY is considered as one of the oldest of the barrios of Capas town. In accordance with existing records, Lawy was founded in 1886, when the original town proper of Capas was still in its old site at “BALEN ARAN” (OLD TOWN) by the Cutcut river. Capas was then under the administration of Don Juan Yalung, the kapitan municipal.
History of Barangay Manlapig
Barangay Manlapig then was only a Sitio of Barangay Aranguren. The Manlapig’s were the early settlers of the barangay. In the course of time the Manlapig’s felt that they have to separate the sitio from the mother barangay, because during celebrations and activities they are left behind. From then on they called the barangay Manlapig. In 1950 Barangay Manlapig became an official barangay.
O’Donnell, also called Patling was the former settlement of the Aetas once ruled by Zamboñgol. The community was renamed to O’Donnell in honor of the first Spanish governor of Tarlac. Lying about 100 feet above sea level, the main industry of this barangay is farming whose main products are rice, sugarcane, gabi, sweet potato and vegetables. Mango in the area is harvested in substantial quantity. This was also leased to US Military Bases before.
History of Barangay Sta. Rita
Sta. Rita is a very young barangay. It was registered as Barrio Sta. Rita, Capas, Tarlac, in 1968 by Lt. S. del Rosario. Before its registration the community was called Talimundoc, because of high levels which serves like hills or “tali-talimundoc (lot of hilly places). In the early 1950’s the earlier settlers were the two (2) families of Terang Arceo and Anu Vega, both tenants of agricultural lands in this area. Then thirteen (13) families joined them namely; Sisa Tuazon and Atanacio Mungcal.
History of Barangay Sto. Domingo I
During the Spanish regime, the barrio of Sto. Domingo was named Camino Real which was given because of a new road built running from south to north. During those days, the place was a forest of big trees and tall grasses. It was a good hunting ground because it was full of deer and wild boars.
History of Barangay Sto. Rosario
In 1763, the place is known as Sitio Pagbatuan and Sitio Gudya. Around the 18th century, a Father Juan de Sta. Lucia became the Recollect Missionary of Capas. According to the story that passed on from generation to generation Father Juan was a devoted priest to praying the Holy Rosary. It was said that while he’s praying, he CHAINS himself to show his great devotion to the Holy Rosary. This practice left a influence on the people. In 1864, a Cholera Epidemic hits the place
History of Barangay Talaga
The story of how Barangay Talaga got its name was according to Mrs. Dolores Mungcal Salas (D) who is then the eldest person live in the Barangay. The story was during the Japanese regime, Japanese soldiers came to live in this Barangay and they observed a lot of wells in the area that contains water. One well id different, it is extra-ordinary big and the water is very deep.